Friday, June 30, 2006

Sweet baby girls growing up & "Ultrasounds"

I saw the cutest video today on someone elses Blog- it's a compilation of the baby pictures of a travel groupDTC September 2002 Moonbeam girls-and updated photos of all the girls 2 years later. Click Here to see it.

There are two big events this week.

1. Margie got her referral!!! I've added a link to her web page where you can see pictures of the amazing and lovely Amity Jieling. It's So exciting to see someone you KNOW get their referral. It's much different than just general excitment around referrals. Here is how I see it. When you see other people get referrals, it's kind of like finding out "oh, such and such person is also adopting. that's exciting." But when you see someone you KNOW getting a referral, that's a REAL person...and you know their dossier is now OFF the STACK, and yours is closer to the top! So...I've been kind of thinking of it this week like an ultrasound. In the way that a pregnant woman gets an ultrasound & can see physical evidence that the baby is growing and she is getting closer....so are referrals for people we know. It's evidence that we ARE making progress, even if sometimes it feels like it's at a SNAILS pace!


2. The other exciting thing that is happening this week is that we are about to start on the Bathroom on my 2nd floor!! I can't even tell you HOW excited I am about that! The second floor of my house has been largely unfinished for a number of years. I just met one of the previous residents of this house a week ago as I went out for my paper, he was riding his bike by & stopped to say hello. Having heard plenty of stories about him & his brothers from my hairdresser (who grew up in this neiborhood and knew him)- I did NOT invite him in, but chose to have a conversation on the front lawn instead!! I was able to ask him lots of questions about the house, including, WHAT'S UP WITH THE SECOND FLOOR! Actually I also wanted to ask "who built the worlds ugliest railing?" but I thought I'd just leave that one alone. It's quite UN-child safe, and is being replaced! You know, I'm not even certain it's CAT safe!!!

4 comments:

C's Mom said...

Yes, we are getting closer to the top of the stack...millimeter by millimeter ;0)

Good luck on the potty project. I'm looking forward to seeing pics!

Have a great weekend, Kelli.

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
vicodin and effect on kidneys credit card payment herbal+viagra mortgage protection

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site » »