Monday, June 12, 2006

Majhong Night & The Giggling Girls

We had our first Portland single Mama's Majhong night last Saturday! Heidi was our organizination Hero- as we'd talked about doing his for the past few months, but finally she said "we're doing it!" and don't you know? IT WAS DONE! Now perhaps she can work on the CCAA with that decisiveness?!!
We started out the evening with a plethora of food (okay those of you who know me know there is never a shortage of food at my house...!), 2 Mamas, 4 Mamas-to-be, and 2 adorable giggling girls! I have to say that I still have a LOT of food at my house. I did warn everyone if they didn't eat enough they would have to come back the next day to eat more!


THESE were the two stars of the evening, our very own "giggling girls." Have you ever seen cuter faces???! Both girls were a little shy at first, but it didn't take them long to warm up and be these amazing little bundles of energy and giggles filling my house with sheer joy!!! This photo is in the kitchen- they were just having the best time spying on the adults- so when I went into the kitchen to whip the cream for the berry shortcake they came in and were giggling up a storm...so I took out the camera and BOTH are little photo divas! They both just loved the camera! I would take a photo, then show it to them, they'd break out in giggles, so I'd take another photo, show it to them again, and wouldn't you know it, another round of eye squinting belly jiggling giggles would erupt all over again!!!


After it was time for the sweet baby girls to head home to their bedtime, the "mamas-to-be"- Sharon, Cindy and Heidi (from left to right in the photo) and I got on with our serious Majhong playing! There were proclamations of "I have never played before..." and "I don't know how to play majhong" and "now what do you do with this tile?" but by the end of the night I was convinced I'd been had! Heidi and Sharon each won 5 games, leaving Cindy and I in the dust! I think they're heading on tour next week, you should be able to catch them in Vegas at the Majong tournament in a few months. Keep your eyes open for the players known as "the red thread mama" and "the woman in blue". I'd put my money on them!!!
Ah yes, and that dessert you can see in the foreground- that would be peanut butter chocolate squares, or, as they were known in my elementary school years "Dixie Delights". I have no idea why they were known by that name, but they are like reeses peanut butter cups, but made with dark chocolate, and oh yeah...about 10 times better than reeses peanut buter cups!!! We've decided to make Majhong a Monthly event. I better practice up or at least leave my betting money at home if I plan to keep up with these ladies!!! Maybe I can redeem my mediocre playing skills with a constant neverending supply of chocolate...

1 comment:

SharonVS21 said...

Kelli - LOL!! See you in Vegas! - "the Woman in Blue".