Thursday, September 09, 2010

A visit to Vermont

Last weekend we took a trip to Vermont for a surprise family Reunion for my grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa knew a bit less than a week ahead of time that it was happening, but it was pretty good that we kept it a secret that long since we had been planning it since MAY! 4 of us cousins are out of state, so we had all arranged to come to VT the same weekend.
Maddie loved getting tickles and hugs from Great Grandma!
Meg and Ana had a ton of fun playing together- they are, I think, 2 cousins, or maybe 2nd cousins twice removed. I have no idea. They are the children of two of my cousins.
Henry and Maddie had fun playing together- At first Henry wasn't so sure that he wanted to share the balls, until he realized that he could pick which ones to share....then he was happy to share and even happier to get his picture snapped!
Jeremy and Maddie on the flight out there- I had meant to upload a different picture...oops. too late now!
Maddie at the airport in Portland, Ready for a trip!

4 comments:

walternatives said...

OMG, Maddie is getting so big! She looks very grown-up in the plane pictures. It sounds like you all had a great adventure - all that Family Love.

AmyG said...

I love that Maddie is such a great traveler! I'm glad that you had a great trip.

I don't know why I know this, but ... if Meg's parent and Ana's parent are first cousins, then Meg and Ana are second cousins.

Your first cousin's child is your first cousin once removed. Your first cousin's grandchild is your first cousin twice removed.

China Dreams said...

Wonderful! I love family reunions. We go away every fall for a long weekend, even though most of us live on the same road, and this year we'll be in Vermont (we change destinations every year). Nieces and nephews fly in from as far away as Oregon and west Florida. It's so awesome for the kids!

Michele said...

Glad you had a nice trip. Maddie is getting so big.