It's good to know that even now that I'm a Mama, I can still be the big girls jungle gym (maybe it's a good thing???)
Friday, August 06, 2010
A week at the coast
Last week we rented a coast house from some friends in Waldport, just a bit south of Newport. Jeremy was able to be there for just the weekend before coming back to work. Cindy & the girls along with Marie and the girls & big sister Aly were there, as well as Sharmila and new baby Gracelin who just came home from China on the 4th of July! It was a fun and rambunctious weekend!
It's good to know that even now that I'm a Mama, I can still be the big girls jungle gym (maybe it's a good thing???)
Maddie Loved the beach! She really really loved the water- I learned the true meaning of the word "parental sacrifice" when I knowlingly went into the icy cold water in 60 degree days for several days in a row....repeatedly losing feeling in my toes in order to see the laughter on my daughter's face...
After everyone left, Maddie and I took a trip to Newport to check out the butterfly exhibit...
Maddie's first day back to school this week turned out to be a very special day. It was her day to pick what went into the sensory table. This is my girl through and through: Sand, purple glitter, pink and purple tissue paper, pink and purple feathers, and sea shells. Or, Exploded Fairy as I like to call it.
It's good to know that even now that I'm a Mama, I can still be the big girls jungle gym (maybe it's a good thing???)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That smile! Gets me every time! So glad you had such a nice week.
OMGoodness, what a sweet wee pumpkin! xo
Looks like such a great time. Love watching your girl blossom!!!
So adorable and love all the pink & purple in the sensory table
Post a Comment