Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Official!

We have started our papework to adopt a second daughter from China!
Madeline had a nickname before I found her real name- I called her "Sprout" for a few years until I finally could decide on her name. It wasn't until about 6 months before I saw her photo for the first time that I had officially decided on a name, but Sprout was a good placeholder!

So when we thought to start our paperwork again, I asked my friend Mei to help us with a nickname for "sprout part deux"- I thought, something along the lines of "little sprout" in Chinese. She helped me come up with the name Xiao Mei- which is actually the same Mei in her name. No it's not "Mei" for little sister, it's Mei for plum blossom- so she is- for now- Xiao Mei- or, Little Plum blossom"

We have turned in our homestudy application and gotten the first round of fingerprints. Our homestudy visit is tomorrow, and Jeremy asked me a few days ago, "So, does this mean we are Paperwork Pregnant?" Yes dear, we are.

Let the journey begin! (again!)

11 comments:

AmyG said...

Awesome! Is it too soon to start lurking on Rumor Queen?

Special K said...

Congratulations! A baby sister... very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great news!!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

I am so excited for you!!! Congrats!

Jenni said...

Exciting! Congratulations!

Gaia In The Green Mountains said...

Woohoo! I'm so very happy for you both and for Maddie who I'm sure will make an excellent big sister.

kitchu said...

a name so close to my heart (our girl's name is Gao Mei: tall/lofty plum blossom)... a flower that blooms in winter, when she was born.

congrats by the way, this is such great news. i had no idea you were adopting again and am FILLED with questions.... didn't you marry fairly recently? b/c if we're allowed to go for number 2 sooner....

wow.

Single Mama to Ngoc said...

Keira and I are so excited for all of you!

Jennifer said...

Yay yay yay!! Congratulations. :)

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations! Yes, you are pregnant again! Enjoy!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Michele said...

That is fantastic news for all of you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your wait will be a short one.