Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mei Mei CD's

We bought Maddie a Mei Mei CD for Christmas. I had read reviews that said people's children loved this CD, but to say "Love" is a bit mild for Maddie's recent obsession with Mei Mei. It's a Chinese and English CD that teaches some words, counting and songs in Chinese. She adores this CD. From almost when she gets up she starts saying "Mei Mei!" and points to the living room. I make her wait until she is dressed so we can at least get through that part of the morning before starting on Mei Mei. When I pick her up at school in the afternoon, as soon as we pull out of the parking lot she starts saying "Mei Mei!" (We don't have it for the car) and as soon as we get home she runs to the CD player. When I sing songs to her in Chinese she instantly says "Mei Mei!". She loves loves loves Mei Mei. At the beginning of the CD Mei Mei says "Hello! Ni Hao!" and Maddie always smiles a HUGE smile when she hears this and starts waving at the CD Player!



You can't really hear the CD here, but they were going through body parts and Maddie was pointing them out. She is also wearing the same sweater as yesterday (with the skirt from the wedding) because somehow the photographer at school yesterday could not get Maddie to smile, so they were going to try again today.







My only fear is that when we do go back to China for a Mei Mei for Madeline, she is going to think that it will be this Mei Mei, and wonder why the heck this Mei Mei didn't come with great songs.....!



1 comment:

KMK said...

Hi kelli - this is Kriss in San Francisco, I would love to get this CD for Olivia. I saw 2 on Amazon, can you tell me the title of the one you purchased?