Thursday, November 05, 2009

First dinner in the new house

Special thanks to my friend Deb for the inspiration on this one, although truthfully we didn't have a lot of choice! The first day after getting the keys to the new house, we had a picnic on the floor. We situated Maddie on a plastic painting drop cloth (we figured if it could contain paint, it can contain Maddie spills!) and spread out on the living room floor- Jeremy in the middle & our friend Scott on the right.
We had takeout from Sckavonnes- one of our favorite breakfast places but also great for dinner. One of Maddie's favorites is Macaroni and Cheese:
I think she is saying "this stuff, can I have it every meal?" We were back there for dinner recently & thought it would be wise to order her a childs serving of Mac & Cheese. they told us the kids menu mac and cheese is just Kraft. We thought, really? You guys make this rocking mac & cheese and you give the kids KRAFT??? I said, "oh, I don't know if she'll eat it, she's never had it before." But we decided to give it a try, and guess what? Nope- not at all interested. In fact, she ate two noodles and decided no more. However, Baba had gotten Mac and Cheese and she proceeded to eat nearly half of his plate of Mac & Cheese. What can I say, she's a foodie from early on!

1 comment:

Michele said...

She is growing so big so fast. And yeah for her for prefering the good Mac & Cheese over the Kraft one. She has good taste.