There are a few more from working at the house on Saturday (Kitchen demolition...) but here is a start- pics of the new house!
We have serious vintage wallpaper throughout the house. Unfortunately not vintage enough to keep it, but hopefully vintage enough that it's only the first or second layer in some places! Some places we know it's the second layer at least, because the first one is visible through the top layer!

This is a view of one of the two upstairs hallways. the little closet on the right is really pretty big, and the door leads into a bathroom. We are so lucky that there is already plumbing on the second floor! We'll be adding a shower at some point in the future, but for now the half bath is better than no bath!
This is a picture of what will be Maddie's room, and eventually, the room she'll share with a little sibling! It's a huge room, perfect for two kids! It looks narrow but actually has two "square" spaces so great for one sleeping/one playing or later a special area for each child to have their own space.

This is the room that will be ours until we get the 2nd floor to a shape to move everything up there. Love that pinecone wallpaper!

This is a closeup of the vintage second floor wallpaper. We were joking that if only we could remove it nicely, we could sell it on ebay to fund the remodel!

A view of the backyard. There is great soil in the gardens, and even a greenhouse!

Maddie's temporary room until we move into the 2nd floor. Ironic that the only two yellow rooms in the house (after dismantling the yellow kitchen) are the room that she'll start with and the one she'll end up with. Funny because her room now is yellow and we keep talking about how to keep her world "similar" when we move to the new house. We didn't pick the yellow rooms for this reason, it just happened to work out this way!

The living room- yes, wallpaper. also beautiful coved cielings and a hearth that Maddie LOVES to walk across!

And more vintage wallpaper. Seriously, it's going to be fun when we get to removing wallpaper!

More later when I have downloaded Maddie pics in the new house as well as demo pics. for now, take look through that doorway to the left in the photo above. those yellow walls, white cabinets, and everything standing between the camera lense and the studs are now off the walls. More photos to come!
8 comments:
It's already beautiful and will be more so once you all have added your touches.!!!
I'm not going to complain anymore about taking down the one layer of wallpaper in my bathroom.
Love it! What an exciting adventure to make it your own! And a greenhouse - that's just too cool! Here's hoping your wallpaper is as easy to remove as ours was...
It's fantastic! I can see why this was your dream house - what a yard! Congratulations, sweetie. Thanks for sharing these photos.
Great space, I'm happy for you guys.
Ah, the wallpaper removal. I remember it well. If you don't already know about it, we used Dep gel. It worked better than anything else we tried. It sticks to the walls better than the liquid. Good luck!
Wow!!! Loving the new house... wallpaper and all. Cannot wait to see the projects pre and post.
Oh. My. Word. I grew up in a house with the dining room wallpaper. Really truly. I remember it well. Of course, I'm old (older than dirt, my teens would say!) so I guess that's par for the course.
I LOVE the house!! Have fun with the wallpaper....
What a great house and yard! How fantastic that you have a greenhouse, too.
Post a Comment