We had a little village dinner here tonight- just Cindy with Dumpling & skype baby and Heidi and Sadie- but we had lovely dinner of ham & 13 bean soup, some great crusty bread and a really fantastic salad with butter lettuce, almonds & dried cherries- so yummy! The girls all seemed to have fun in their own way- Maddie was suspicious at first of all the kids but was having a rolicking good time by the time the evening was over. Skype baby is crawling and wanting to walk with hands at every opportunity and tasted beans for the first time and cheese- she seemed to like both of them quite well! Dumpling was as giddy and imaginative as ever, asking us all to play "superhero" with her. Cindy was Super Mom, I was Super Mommy, Heidi was Super Mama. I forget who skype baby was, but Maddie was "Super Fang Fang" (her chinese name is En Fang) and Sadie was Super Potty girl, (as she just yesterday sat on the potty successfully!) and it was shortened to "Potty girl" which of course made everyone laugh! Cindy's superhero powers were she could shoot cooking oil out of her fingertips. Fortunately that is as far as the game got, since I could not think of what superhero attribute I would have!
Everyone left by 8:30 to get little ones into bed, and I got my little one into bed just a bit late, but she is now sleeping soundly. I finished off my evening with a glass of Two Buck Chuck Shiraz (charles shaw for those of you without trader Joes around) and kicked back on the couch to watch the sewer scope from our home inspection today. Turns out there is a separated joint at the approach apron at the curb. Uh...no, I don't know this- the sewer scope guy wrote it on the paper I got. I truly don't know why they even give us the sewer scope- to me, it looks like a cement sewer line. But he says "severe degredation along the water line"- so, advise replacement....dude, I am no plumber! NOT my expertise! Ask me to explain how fabric is woven and I can give you a 2 hour lecture off the top of my head. But asking my opinion on the state of the new house sewer???? Really? Not a clue. good news is, no rats.
All in all, the inspection of the whole house went well. We made an offer last week and they accepted, and we are set to close on Oct 16. The house has been exceptionally well maintained, and most of the stuff is general "this is an old house" stuff, which is normal and expected. The one thing that we will absolutely require, without doubt, is replacement of the federal pacific electrical panel. Can't recall if I posted about this or not, but when I had my 2nd floor bathroom in this house put in, 3 of the 4 electricians who bid the job saw my panel & said "Oh, you are going to want to replace that!" Each of the 3 said that these panels are known to start fires, either in the wall or at the panel. the 4th guy said, 'ah, you could. whatever..." Yeah....whatever. I'll just go with one of these other guys who seems a whole lot more dependable....! So, the new house not only HAS this same electrical panel, but there is evidence of charred wires at the box. So yeah, we will for sure be getting that replaced!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations on the new house! WOOT! Is it in the same neighborhood? Good luck with everything else, too.
I have to laugh. You became a mother, got married and are moving! The year I married Art - I got married and moved for the first time in 23 yrs..turned around and bought a house 4 months later and started looking into adoption! Nothing like doing it all at once! I always say when it's right - you just know it. Good Luck with the new house!
Lisa
(using Art's ID)Bookvoyages is a podcast where Art reviews childrens books. He is a bit behind, but will catch up!
Post a Comment