Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life in the Village

I know I need to be better about posting...I will try to do so and I've already promised one friend at least that I would try to be quite regular while in China!

But, I haven't talked about life in the village much lately!

I mentioned that Dumpling's Mama brought home a little sister for Dumpling, "little Skype" is the name I came up with for her on the blog since that is the first place I saw her, and the way we used to keep in touch with Dumpling's Mama after Dumpling came home and I stayed with her for a week. I just bought a flip camera before Christmas, so I'm having a blast taping little things here and there. Since Cindy had less than 24 hours notice to get on a plane to go meet little Skype, we were not able to throw a baby shower for her before she left! Instead, we planned one for after she came home & settled in a bit.

What I learned from this is that our baby showers have certainly changed! The first shower we had for Cindy was before Dumpling came home. We had a photo, a bunch of waiting expectant Mamas to be, and a FEW little ones at home already. Since that time 2 years ago, our village has grown both with families who were already home but we now see more of, as well as new little ones joining the village.

Baby showers are no longer just "adult get togethers" but they are a mix of chaos and wonder and solid little girl energy! Since Cindy likes pink, we made this a "pink princess" theme and Heidi was able to find little princess crowns for all the little girls. It's a short video but it shows the "village kids in action"! It's not quiet, but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!

5 comments:

walternatives said...

Madeline is going to fit right in to that girl energy ruckus!

Good to hear about the promise to blog while in China; I want to know how you're feeling during all this though I also know that it takes time to share it via blog. Hopefully, you'll find time.

Any idea when you're going?

Special K said...

So there you are! I was beginning to get worried since there was no blogging after referral. Glad everything is well for you.

And yes... I hope you blog in China. Remember, the rest of us waiting moms are living vicariously thru you. LOL!

Lisa and Tate said...

yes... you will have to be better at posting and ESPECIALLY while in China! Tons of Madeline pictures please.

what an amazingly energetic tiny tot village! soooo fun!

C's Mom said...

That sounds like the best kind of baby shower ever....you'll soon be adding to that wonderful chaos and I love it.

Michele said...

And soon you will have your own little girl joining your village. I can't wait to follow along while you are in China. I so want to see you smiling from ear to ear once she is in your arms.