There is a site called "Rumor Queen" which is populated by thousands of waiting families, and it's never busier than this time of the month, right before referrals....
The latest "word on the street" via Rumor Queen is referrals may have been mailed. Two agencies are expecting packages but don't know for sure they are referrals. One has a log in group on Feb 16, and one has a log in group on Feb 17. The Spanish Rumor queen says there are only a few days included in this batch. Two other agencies say that February 20th is included in this group.
While this may sound like a whole lot of random/mismatched news, it's the kind of news we live for month after month, and for whatever reason, keeps many of us waiting families from completely losing our sanity! My log in date is February 24, so it's unlikely I'll be included in this batch, but all the same referral time is exciting because at least I know how far they are getting!
At this point I'm hoping they get through Feb 20th in this batch. If they do, I'm almost (ALMOST) a "sure thing" for December. Bring on the referrals!
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It is an exciting time for sure!!! I am still hoping they do a huge batch which would include Feb 24.... hey a gal can be positive, right?
Oh, I so badly want you and H to be on the NEXT bus!
I have a good feeling that December will be your month. It will be a great way to end 2008. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Sigh...I hope I am wrong in now thinking we will be looking at 2009 referrals. I wasn't encouraged otherwise when talking to my coordinator today. Just a few more months at most....just a few more months at most.
Hey, Kel:
RQ tonight says 2/17 for sure probable no for 2/20. But even if the 17th is the cutoff, with 2/18 and 2/19 weekend days, they'd only have to do four days in December to get you in.
After Obama's win, I'm a believer -Miracles can happen: December for Sprout!!!
Update 11/7: Kelli - I just checked the RQ site. She hasn't changed the box but says that the evidence suggests that the 19th may be the cutoff. Seems wierd since 2/19/06 was a Sunday. But, whatever.
So two days is shitty. But I'm still hoping for the 20th and a Sprout in December.
2/17
Shite.
I'm praying it's DECEMBER for you!!! Come on CCAA!!!!!!
Post a Comment