Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Introducing the newest member of the Village!

After a 3 week process on the other side of the country, Dumpling finally got a new little sister today! Dumpling and one of her Aunties had to return home a week ago while Cindy stayed with the new baby until the paperwork was finished, during which time I stayed with her and took her to school each day. She was a super trooper about the whole experience- 9 days without Mommy when you are 3 1/2 is IMMENSE! She held up quite well considering this is definitely the longest she has been without Mommy. Skype helped a bit as well, so thank goodness for that!

I picked Dumpling up at School today at noontime, and we went out to the airport- introducing, Baby.....? Hmmm.....this is the part I hadn't thought of yet! I will come up with a Blog name for this little one! I was thinking "Skype" since that is where I first saw her...although Dumpling calls her "My Baby", but that may be too confusing when my daughter comes home and I am referring to "my baby" and "MY BABY" (Dumpling's sister), so I'm going to have to work on it for a bit. For right now, let's just call her Dumpling's Mei Mei!
Mama Cindy said she slept like a champ all night and throughout the flight! What a lucky Mama to have a 3 week old sleep so soundly!
When Dumpling and Auntie Connie came home, Mei Mei was still in the hospital and Dumpling had only been able to look at her, so sitting in the airport was her first time to hold her baby sister.
The newly enlarged Family! Just in time for Thanksgiving!
Dumpling & I made a sign for the airport- I made the sign, Dumpling decorated it with stickers- good Auntie/Dumpling teamwork!

6 comments:

FDChief said...

Welcome, little Skype!

And nice work with the sign, Auntie Kelli (and Dumpling)!

OziMum said...

Gorgeous!

walternatives said...

Very good teamwork. Wat a loving friend you are, to have helped out so much.

I am looking forward to the day when I see Sprout in your arms...

Unknown said...

love hearing about new arrivals

C's Mom said...

Welcome to the latest little one - what a cutie.

I sure hope it isn't long and Sprout will take title of the newest addition...like really, really soon (a girl can dream).

Beeb said...

Skype seems like a good name. she's so tiny!
And, I too, cannot wait to meet Sprout!!