I dropped Molly off at her Grammie's house and went to the hospital to wait. Stopped into see Heather & Brent and let them know I was there, then headed out to the waiting room. I had brought several projects & reading material with me, and was prepared to wait. As most of you who read this, I've become quite good at WAITING for things to happen. :)Around 3:00 Brent came out and said, "It's a Boy!" (what? Boy???!!!) I think they were both so surprised since Heather was convinced it was a girl! So- it was with a big surprise and a huge smile that they welcomed Tucker Riley to their family!!!
He weighed 8 lbs, 2.7 oz, just .1 oz more than Molly when she was born! 21 1/2 inches longand cute as a baby can be! Here he is with Mommy and Daddy:
And of course with his Aunt Kel:
And Molly meeting her new little brother for the first time- she was very excited!!

Today we had Birthday cake for my Mom, as her birthday is the day after I leave to head home. As we were sitting at the table Molly (3 1/2 years old) said "Where's Tucker?" Here is the conversation:
Molly: Where's Tucker?
Heather: Tuck's with Daddy on the couch
Molly: His name is Tucker.
Heather: Yeah, but is it okay if I just call him Tuck for short?
Molly: No.
Apparently her Tiara broke at the hospital yesterday, so just now as I was typing this she and I were talking. She showed me her broken tiara and said to me, "we need to glue it." I said, yeah, we need to glue it, but we need to get some glue. At which point she said, "You think you can get some at China? Kelli can you get glue at China?"
I had bought some red shoes for her from China two weeks ago and we've talked about how her shoes came from China, so I think she thinks that wherever this "China" place is, I must live there and everything that comes from me, comes from there! Pretty funny! Okay, I have just been invited to play with some woodchucks with my neice. That's all the news from Vermont.

6 comments:
Awww...welcome to the world little Tuck...er!
Enjoy :0)
Congrats, Auntie Kel - and welcome to (really, really cute!) little Tucker!
Congrats to mommy and daddy and Molly and auntie. Glad that Tucker gets to lay claim to May - it's a wonderful month...
Good work, Auntie!
The interesting thing will be when you come back from China with a little PERSON! What a day for Molly that will be...!
Congratulations to the newest member of your family, his mom, dad and big sis!
Congratulations to your family on Tucker's arrival. You, my dear, are a rockin' Aunt!
It's amazing how much Molly looks like her mother! Do you think you could put some pretty braids in my hair to go with my tiara the next time you are in Vermont?
Post a Comment