Friday, April 25, 2008

26

It's been quite a long time since I posted, just nothing too exciting to post about, or too busy with too many exciting things to have time to post...I wonder which it is? I guess that gets to be my secret!

So Thursday was my 26 months since LID. Funny how they pass relatively unnoticed these days. I swear I thought today was the 24th...it was a surprise to open my journal at night to write something and see that it was the 24th...ah well. Another one come and gone. And this month has gone amazingly slow. It seemed like February and March just ripped right on through, and April seems to be the longest month on record. January also seemed incredibly slow.

There are two pregnant women who I see in the locker room at the gym nearly every day. They are usually arriving as I have just finished. Mostly I don't pay too much attention, sometimes they are talking baby stuff, mostly other people talking baby stuff to them, etc. I found myself thinking today when I saw one and her big proud pregnant Mama belly, "I don't envy her belly, I chose this path...but I do envy her due date." Who, in a million years, thought we would ever think something as strange as that? Seriously, no one outside of the adoption world (or at least outside of the knowledge of the wait of the adoption world) would have any clue what is meant by that statement...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli! You might not know your due date, but at least you also know you won't be expecting twins! Or do you?? I heard a pretty crazy story about a gay couple in Belgium that were using a surrogate mother who was indeed expecting twins. What a surprise, eh?

miss you!
paul

Anonymous said...

Yes, that not knowing the due date really stinks! Hopefully, you will get clearer soon about what that timeframe might be. Who would have thought? You do a great job of living life in the meantime. Keep us posted on your activities.

chris said...

and they think when they go a couple of days beyond the due date that its tragedy...

we three await your due date. chris and girls

Anonymous said...

Understood, Kelli. Truly.

walternatives said...

I understand that statement. Completely. Even though we don't have an exact due date, I have great faith that we're (you, too) going to be in China this fall.
I have my fingers crossed that we'll be there at the same time (and overlap while in close geographical proximity).
Hang in there, sweetie. And if you ever need a getaway, our door is wide open! xoxo

Rhonda said...

I *totally* get it...

26 down.

wzgirl said...

Well put, Kells Bells.

Michele said...

I understand, I understand. These are the longest "pregnancies" on record. Hope we all get to travel in the next year.

FDChief said...

Back when were were on the NSN track, Deb and I used to check the months off by trying to figure out what species we were outdoing...

"Who did we pass this month?

"Well, we're past the tapirs and manatees and even with the polar bears. Hey! Next month it's the elephants and the humpback whales!"

Hang in there. We're pulling for you. Hope to be bringing YOU congee by Thanksgiving.

C's Mom said...

Ah, so we have ticjked off #26 LID mate.

I know what you mean about the due date. It is sadly humorous that I am now on several patient's third pregnancies since beginning this journey.

Red Sand said...

yes. not much longer, right? please?