Saturday, October 13, 2007

Chinatown Streetfair

I'm quite late in posting about this, but several weeks ago was the 2nd Annual Chinatown streetfair. The weather was grey and chilly so it made for a small group, but we all huddled together to watch the little parade as it wound it's way through Chinatown.

One of the Two Lion dancing teams- you can see the 2nd one in the background just a bit. While coffee is a staple food group of most Portlanders, we don't actually let the little ones start this young! I think Liana was holding her Mom's cup for WARMTH!And finally the little lion dancers...
Wish I could say I had more photos to post, but I'm afraid this years parade was not quite as extravagant as last years. Of course we did see the famous Club owner/Drag Queen Darcelle in the parade, as a business of Chinatown of course...but I have noticed that she is certainly aging (she must be at least 65/70?), and I did question her giving the 2 and 3 year olds in our group show invitations...

4 comments:

wzgirl said...

Wow! THose grande cups sure do look LARGE in the hands of babes! Nice pics, you. XO

Donna said...

Looks like fun!

OziMum said...

Great parade! Love the "little" lion dancers!

Red Sand said...

I could use some dragon fire right about now (or one of those coffee cups) - it's starting to get COLD!