Okay so it's a little less Dramatic than that...it's more like Miss K. goes to Salem... But yes, it's true. I am off to Salem on Wednesday afternoon to attend a committee hearing on Oregon Bill HB 2363 and hopefully to testify for it's passage. It's a bill to reinstate the Oregon adoption Tax Credit which was officially discontinued Jan. 1 2006 due to a sunset clause in the orginal bill. (Am I sounding official?) I'm working on my testimony right now- but I need to cut big chunks of it out. If you know me at all you know I can be....wordy.
There is an adoption lawyer here in Portland who has been the lone crusader on this bill, and she finally sent out the request to have as many adoptive families as possible in Salem for the committee hearing. Let's hope we are a voice loud enough to be heard!
Wednesday is the big day. Wish us luck!

10 comments:
Give `em hell in Salem, Momma!
Ohhh...all the best in Salem!
Hey, nothin' wrong with the tendancy towards verbosity. We must be kindred spirtis ;0)
Good luck! Keep us posted...
Hey, cool! Can't wait to hear how it went!
very cool, hope they reinstate it.
keep us posted
Best o' the BEST luck. What a woman you are!
SUPER GOOD LUCK!
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it went.
I may be too late, but hope it went well.
Ooo Salem - will you see Bo and Hope there?!!!
Post a Comment