Thursday, February 27, 2025

Swapping Parents , High wind & Covid

The trip down to Oakland was uneventful and we spent a good portion of Monday in appointments at the hospital.  We were delighted to see our favorite social worker and a few other people we have met before, including the nurse who did BOTH of his stem cell harvests! 

Monday night was my turn to fly back home to be home with the girls for the week, so I flew home in what turned out to be some pretty crazy wind gusts that made my plane feel like it was being flown by a drunken pilot...or a mom playing mario kart...they are pretty much the same.  It was such a rough flight coming into Portland, that I wished we had been in Europe where the passengers clap when they land.  These pilots absolutely deserved a round of applause for landing in the crazy wind gusts that were up to 30, 40, or 60 miles per hour, depending on which weather report you watched.  I always say thank you to the flight attendants when I leave, but I asked them to please thank the pilots this time too! 

Jeremy and ZiLong went for hot pot after dropping me at the airport, and then the next day out to Auburn to visit Jeremy's parents.  They celebrated coming back to the hotel on Wednesday by getting hot pot again!



Meanwhile back in Portland...
Those who know me well know how much of a planner I am, so you should not be surprised to know that I have scheduled out the next 4 months of travel with a very clear and detailed schedule of exactly when Jeremy will be down in Oakland, when I will be in Oakland, who is flying on what day, etc.  So...this is when the universe takes over and says "nope, my turn" because after feeling a cold getting slightly worse every day since Saturday, I took a Covid test and yes...I have Covid.  Fortunately Jeremy is negative and ZiLong did his Covid test this afternoon, still waiting on results but he does not have any symptoms.  However...because I have Covid our travel has had to adjust a bit.  Instead of me getting back Sunday to be there for his surgery Monday, I can't see ZiLong until Tuesday (10 days past onset of Symptoms.  It means a bit of moving around flights and I can't be there for ZiLong's surgery, but in the grand scheme of things, a day and a half delay is okay. 

No comments: