On Saturday morning our first order of business was a Visa photo, after that we went a few doors down to the Medical exam center for Adopted Children. This part of the process was identical to when I was here for Madeline, so I let Jeremy be the primary person to go through this with Violet. First there was the "waiting in the hall" until we were called to go into the main waiting room. Then we waited there until they ushered us into the main body checking rooms where they checked heart and general body stuff. Next was the Ear/nose/throat room. they had a little kids keyboard to check for hearing- they hit a key and if the child turned their head they could hear. VERY scientific. She looked in both Violet's ears and tried to check her throat with a tongue depressor, but without much luck. Lastly was height and weight. I didn't get to see what Violet's height was, but her weight was 9.6 kg. Much lighter than the 11 kg the orphanage told us, but we had already figured that out! We had estimated her to be about 9.7 or 9.8 based on our not very calibrated hotel scale in Hangzhou. Turns out she is just about .6 kg more than what Maddie weighed when she came home at 10 months! And Violet is 21 months old...guess it's a good thing we didn't get rid of those 9-12 month clothes yet!
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I remember that place so well. Fortunately, we were there early so we didn't have to wait very long. Blessings, Debbie
I keep thinking about how this must be an important trip for Maddie as well.
I remember that photo of Maddie getting her head circumference measured, giving you that very teenager-like look!
wahouuu, your kids are so cute !
congratulations !
Carine from France (travel to guangzhou december - 9 to 23 - !)
Post a Comment