Friday, February 19, 2010

Whoo hoo, my first "blogger" award!




Thanks Amy for the blog award! I was so excited to see Amy start blogging and to learn about her new quest for motherhood, that I've been avidly following along....She has been the draw to get me back into blogger land once again, although I can't promise that I will be as regular a blogger as I'd like to be, I will try to be better about posting!


So thank you Amy!



Now... The award comes with five rules:

1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award
 (Check)
2) Copy the award and place it in your blog
 (Check)
3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award
 (Check)
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about you
 (see below)


5) Nominate 7 bloggers and link to their blogs (see below)





7 interesting things about me...


1) I speak Chinese (not fluently, my tones are....toneless, but well enough to have a conversation on the street with a random stranger in China.)


2) I am terrible at singing (see #1 Regarding "tone") but still sing constantly to my daughter anyway


3) I'm stealing this one from Amy- I love vegetables that other people don't love- especially brussel sprouts and beets!


4) My life came "out of order"- house first, baby second, husband third- but I can't imagine it any other way!


5) In the last 6 months I've switched to buying organic vegetables almost exclusively, and wild caught fish exclusively


6) Even though we don't eat meat at home (Husband is vegetarian), two of my favorite guilty pleasures are a Meatball sub and a really good pork chop


7) I'm pretty good (and fast) at making & stuffing chinese dumplings





Now, to nominate 7 bloggers I admire:


1) Spitting Wooden Nickels with her twin sweeties: Yes, I know TWO families who have twin boys from China. I've met the other family, and ALMOST met SWN a year and a half ago, but unfortunately it didn't happen- still have not had the opportunity to meet either set of sweet boy twins!

2) Another (or rather, "A" since I don't qualify anymore) Single Mama is Tate R Bug- Her little one is just a few months behind Maddie in age, and the cutest thing ever!!!

3) Tales of a Baby Catching Adoptive Mama and her sweet little one (Also a Single Mama who happened to share the same log in Date for China as me) is VaChina Monologues- we overlapped in China for 2 days but I never got to meet her! :(

4) Tales from the Hulu Mama is a Mama from my "bad boys & girls of adoption" who is waiting on her second little one...45 months today...horrid horrid wait.

5) Another single Mama who is STILL waiting as well is A Million Miles to Mia- Oh god do I wish there was something I could do to help make the wait more palatable for my online friends who are still waiting. Because I know how it sucked for me, but I "only" waited 35 monts from LID. The families like Tales from the Hulu Mama and A Million Miles to Mia are at 45 months and will surely have many more months. There are no words that can make it easier. Plain and simple, the wait sucks.

6) Another of the bad boys & girls of adoption is Buttercup in China- she is also still waiting but has gotten busy with an Etsy shop, stop over and pick up one of her sweet felted animals made of recycled sweaters! They are SO cute!

7) Finally, Deep Tangents is yet another single Mama and another one from the "bad boys & girls of China" group- I had the wonderful opportunity to meet her (Along with a few others) at an airport layover a few years ago, I stopped overnight and was able to stay with one of the "bad boys & girls of adoption" and meet 3 of the wonderful Mamas to be while there. It wasn't TOO long after when Deep Tangents switched over to the WC program and brought her beautiful daughter home!

2 comments:

Special K said...

Awww... thanks for this. Because I've become such a blog slacker... posting and reading... I'm just now seeing it on 2-28.

But I so appreciate your support during this wait. Some days it's almost too hard to get through. Were it not for the online community surely I would've gone mad by now. LOL!

PS. The penguin picture/shadowbox thing you sent is in Mia's almost finished nursery. I'll have pics up on my blog in the next week or two as soon as it's complete. :) Thanks again!

Red Sand said...

Oh my goodness. Now I'm just ashamed at how much I've dropped out of the communication loop. Thank you for the nod and please know that it's reciprocated! Someday... oh, and any chance you could make it to Vancouver, BC at the end of May?