Thursday, July 24, 2008

29 and counting

No, not my age...although last week in Maine I was walking into a restaurant with a friend and the only seats were at the bar- the waitress looks at me and says "You are 21, right?" and I said, "I'm 35..." and she said, "OH! You look 18!" Hmm...at some point I'm going to start appreciating that a little more, I hope it's before I'm 75 and being mistaken for 50...

Nope, this is not for my age...I'm proud of being 35...this is how many months I've been "officially" waiting. Happy 29. I celebrated it today by attending Dumpling's Re-adoption ceremony with the other Aunties. We all had it pretty well together until the Judge asked, "And Dumpling, do you think it's a good idea for you and Mommy to be a family for ever and ever and ever?" And that's when I realized I better keep snapping photos because the camera hid the tears going down my face. All the other Aunties were crying too- it's a touching moment, even though they were already "forever a family", this is the first time we were there to witness it, and it was pretty special.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

29 down...

Lisa and Tate said...

HAPPY 29. CLOSER.....

Special K said...

29 woo hoo!

Anne Marie said...

Happy ??? 29 -- you are getting there!

Gosh, I don't know if I would have been in tears too or if it's just your description, but my eyes are a little cloudy!

FDChief said...

Hoping for good adoption things soon...

C's Mom said...

Yup...made it this far we have.

I don't think I've been mistaken for 18 since I was 13 ;0)