Saturday, December 15, 2007
Notre Dame- Tuesday Morning-part 2
The gargoyles are amazing...

The view from the top of Notre Dame facing Montmarte



The famous Rose Window of Notre Dame
The paint colors are beautiful, they remind me of a slightly less vibrant version of temples in Asia.

A "mini" version of Notre Dame- it's so enormous, this is the only way to get the entire building in one photo
This was by far my favorite window in the cathedral- not too intense in color, but I would trade the glass in my front door for this in a heartbeat.
The other Rose Window (actually I think this is the famous one...)
The 3 doorways to the outside were covered in amazing relief work.
I could have just stood there taking photos all day if the wind wasn't so cold I though my fingers would fall off.

The view from the front
And a really awful photo of me, but when you vacation by yourself, you need at least one or two pics of yourself to show that it was in fact you behind the camera the entire time. And the wind was blowing too hard and the temperature was too cold for me to fuss much about whether it was a good photo or not! Just wait until the Eiffel tower pics go up...more of the same, but about 3 times COLDER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've always loved that gargoyle biting someone's head off. Don't know what mood I was in when I first saw it, but it always spoke to me.
Those are some brilliant gargoyle pictures! I have one sitting on my mantel that I got in New Orleans. Not quite as impressive as these though! What a trip!
Post a Comment